Have you ever tried group cycling (sometimes called Spinning)?
If you haven’t, then you SHOULD! And here’s why…
- Low impact. Unlike running or playing a sport, cycling gives you all of the resistance to work your muscles and your cardiovascular system without much stress on your joints. Cycling also helps tone the muscles in your legs, hips, butt, and abs.
- Motivation. Sometimes cardio workouts can be a drag and are perceived as monotonous, boring, and physically and mentally difficult. Group cycle classes give the cardio machine a whole new life. Working out alongside others is fun, engaging, and brings out our competitive drive- all leading to a great workout!
- Cardiovascular health. Cycling is a great way to improve your cardiovascular health. And because we tend to bump up the intensity when we’re working out with other people, the group cycle class helps you to get more bang for your buck.
- All fitness levels welcome. Although you may end up with a sore rear end if you’re not used to cycling, people of all fitness levels can thrive in a group cycle class because you will be working at your own level and not at the exact same pace as other people in your class.
- No special skills necessary. You don’t need to have a skill, be coordinated, or even be able to ride a regular bike. Just show up ready to work hard and have fun!
- Get out of the weather. For those of us who love biking- rain, snow, wind, and cold makes for a miserable ride. And stationary bikes often just aren’t even close to the same feel as a real bike. Group cycle bikes are the best of both worlds!
Even if you don’t consider yourself a “biker,” group cycling can be a fun way to get a great workout.
Give it a try!